I know the updates have not been very frequent lately, and I apologize. That doesn’t mean that nothing has been happening. I’ve been working very hard to work out all of the editing quirks and kinks in the story.
In June I wrote about Objectivity, and how at every point in a project you begin to lose it. Just two weeks after writing that, I truly began to lose mine and sent a cut of the film out to my trusted quorum. While they reviewed the film I took some time off from the project, shot and edited a couple of commercials, and took a much needed vacation. Upon my return from vacation I started to review the notes from my friends and collaborators and began cutting again. Trying out different suggestions, and alternatives. In doing that I rediscovered the film and crafted a new streamlined edit that has taken me very close to picture lock. The only issue with it, I invented a shot that never existed. It’s one of those things that once you see it, you can’t “un-see” and you wonder how you couldn’t have seen it in the first place. So tonight, I’ve coerced Brian to join me in the restroom again, for a quick pickup shoot to capture this new shot and get us to picture lock.
Next week, Peter Tinari will start in earnest on the score and sound-design, I’ll be back at the edit chair cutting a new trailer and working on color correction to craft the final look of the film. If all goes well and my day job doesn’t get in the way, we should have the final film complete in October with a premiere in November. Please keep checking back for more info.
In the meantime, as a reward for your patience I’ve designed a new more abstract poster for the film, you can see below. Hope you enjoy it.